Seasonal beetroot works beautifully with creamy goat's cheese for an easy but impressive starter.
- Prep Time:
- 1 hour
- Rub and season the beets heavily with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap individually in aluminium foil and bake at 180c for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and rub the of the skins and slice them 1mm thick.
- Lay slices of cling film and season with diced shallot and balsamic vinegar.
Baked Root Vegetable
- Cut carrots and celeriac into batons season with olive oil, salt and pepper wrap individually in aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes at 180c.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Mix half the olive oil with the beets and season well, wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes until tender.
- Peel and quarter the beets and toss in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and thyme leaves.
- Dissolve the sugar, water and vinegar together and peel ribbons of salsify into the pickling mix while still hot and set aside.
- Cut the granny smith apples into julienne and reserve in some water with lemon juice.
- Lightly crumble the goats cheese over the finished salad.