About the role:
Entier Ltd are currently recruiting for a Nursery Cook to join our growing Entier global family. This role will be based at one of our nurseries in Aberdeen where we deliver a bespoke catering service to our client.
Our focus on Quality and high standards of Service is maintained through our dedicated teams, if you want to join the Entier Family then you must be able to actively demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviours and have an approachable, friendly and helpful approach towards colleagues and customers at all times.
This is a lone working position and will be required to prepare, cook and present breakfast, serve lunches that are cooked and provided from Entier Production kitchen and prepare afternoon snack to age appropriate food to high standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Keep the kitchen in a clean and safe environment adhering to internal and external requirements.
- To prepare and cook age appropriate food/snacks for all the children on a daily basis with minimum wastage.
- Take responsibility to make sure all dietary/ allergens requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams.
- Ensure stocks are managed and stock levels are recorded in line with company expectations.
- Encourage and model behaviour which is appropriate in a child environment being professional at all times.
- To make sure you meet the legal and company requirements for fire, safety, health & hygiene at all items and necessary paperwork is completed, and all food recorded. Cleaning schedules signed and monthly check lists completed.
- To respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality: for example being aware of personal information regarding children.
- Fulfil their roles, responsibilities and legislation duty in relation to safeguarding children by ensuring that they have read understood and implement the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- Work in partnership with the nursery team all times to support the nurseries care and education provision.
- Support with other activities with the nursery ie. themed days, employee meetings and Entier safety meetings
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with company Health and Safety guidelines.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach using your initiative and showing resilience to take responsibility for getting things done.
- Support, promote and implement policies and procedures.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
We offer an excellent rate of pay between £9.50 to £11.00 per hour.
The ideal candidate must hold a catering skill or qualification, have a passion for cooking, be smart in appearance, enthusiastic and have previous experience of working in a busy fast paced environment while delivering a high level of customer service at all times.Apply Now